You can have the system automatically sync Invoices and Transactions to your QBO account. If you are using QuickBooks Desktop use the QuickBooks Export Files (below) instead.
- To connect the site to your QBO account go to Billing > Billing Options > QuickBooks Online and click on the "Connect to QuickBooks" button
- Follow the prompts in QBO to authorize the system to connect to your account
- All Invoices and Transactions which are subsequently added will automatically sync to QBO
- Changes to previously synced data will automatically sync to QBO
- Changes made within QBO WILL NOT sync back
- To manually sync data in bulk, use Administrative > Tools > QuickBooks Manual Sync (note that this may be slow if you are syncing a large amount of data so you may need to do it in smaller batches)
- Invoices and Transactions which are synced will have a green "QB" icon (click on the icon to bring it up in QBO)
- Invoices and Transactions which are not synced will have a grey "QB" icon (click on the icon to sync individual items)
Synced Invoices and Transactions have a green "QB" icon
QuickBooks Export Files
You can export special files from the system which are specifically structured to be imported into QuickBooks.
- On either the Invoices or Transactions page, use the Tools > Export button and select "IIF for QB" to export for QuickBooks Desktop
- On the Invoices page, use the Tools > Export button and select "CSV for QBO" to export for QuickBooks Online.