Upon creating an invoice the client won't be able to view it or receive any automatic reminders or overdue notices until it has been sent.
- Invoices where the notices haven't been sent will be marked as "Unsent." You can view all of them together by going to Billing > Invoices > Unsent Invoices
- To send an invoice use the checkboxes () to mark the invoice(s) and click the "Send Invoice" button
- The client will be sent an invoice notification email at the Email listed on the invoice. Included in this email is a link to view the invoice, the invoice total, amount due and due date. When logged in the client will now see the invoice in their invoice list.
- If you don't want to send a invoice, but want the client to be able to see the invoice you can use the checkboxes and Bulk Edit to set the Status to "Sent".
- After the Notice has been sent you can continue to use the "Send Invoice" button. Clients will receive one email per invoice each time this button is used. If it is before or on the due date they will be sent an "Invoice # Reminder" email. If it is after the due date they will be sent an "Invoice # Overdue" email
Invoice notice emails include the total balance due of all invoices for a client in addition to the balance due for that particular invoice
Sending Invoices as Quotes
- To send an invoice as a Quote use the checkboxes () to mark the invoice(s) and click the "Send Quote" button
- The client will be sent a Quote notification email at the Email listed on the invoice. Included in this email is a link to view/accept the quote and the quote total. When logged in the client will now see the Quote in their invoice list.
- Quotes can be viewed on the Full Invoice List or Quotes tabs of the Billing > Invoices page
- While in Quote status payments cannot be made on the invoice
- The client will need to view the quote and then click the "Accept" button, which reverts it back to a normal invoice